Weather is crazy in NYC. Temperatures are lower than ever, yet here I am, a crazy person staging a snowy photo shoot. Despite the cold, I'm really happy with these photos. It was gorgeous on my roof and the snow, untouched, kept falling in such a whimsical fashion.
These dresses come courtesy of Unique Vintage. I'm especially in love with the polka dot dress, which I wore to a fashion week show. I was wary of cap sleeves and possible waist pleats, but turns out the dress is super flattering and surprisingly floaty. It made me want to spin about, which you can see from the photos below. It's also really comfortable, which is fairly important to me.
The hat is one of my favorite things I own. Jason gave it to me when we first started dating. I mentioned in passing that I always wanted one and he set out to find the best leopard pill-box. It was a darling surprise that I have yet to forget. It's also the perfect statement piece and wonderful in winter weather.
My second look has adorable hearts all over. I'm not a huge fan of the stretchy fabric, but the print more than makes up for it, plus the front has some flattering ruching. It's great for the winter season when I can pair a dress with a cardigan and tights.
This is such an amazing list. It reminds me of my mom who was actually asked to join the CIA, but turned it down because she would've been away from me. She since retired from the military, but she's pretty badass and has some amazing stories.
I've always loved Valentine's Day, even before I was in a relationship. It combines my favorite colors (and shapes) with treats and decorations. What's not to love? As excited as I am to celebrate with dear Jason, another holiday I admire comes the day before...
It's a holiday that...
A creation of Parks and Recreation, this holiday is about celebrating your gal pals. I've come to the conclusion that there are three reasons for a post like this.
1. I'm lucky enough to have some amazing lady friends in NYC and Texas. I admire each one of them immensely. They are smart, funny women, not to mention super stylish to boot. Shout-out to Jenn who is the Ann Perkins to my Leslie Knope. Many a time has my enthusiasm and love of holidays probably scared her.
2. Parks and Rec is my second favorite show of all time (Buffy is still #1!) and it makes me so sad that the series is ending. The holiday goes beyond the show, but it's timely to celebrate while it's still here!
3. It's so dreary in NYC right now. Melting snow and windy weather is so not fun. Colorful outfits and fancy gift guides is just what we need. This is what I'm wearing to celebrate!
I hope you enjoy my collection of cute gifts. I wish I could get them for you all!
The photos date back a few months, but these are some of my favorites. These two are from a photo shoot I had with BUST for this month's issue. I'll post a few outtakes from that day sometime soon! The rest are from a variety of times and places. Lots of good hair days, terrible weather and adorable Tallulah.
I don't think I shared these last two on the blog! I went to a screening and Q&A for Jason Schwartzman's new film, Listen Up Philip. The film was great and the best part was that he introduced a Rushmore screening right after. Actually, no the best part was when he recognized me after about 10 years. Insanity! I met him when I was 17 and gave him a mix CD at a Shopgirl premiere in Texas. I was such a smitten weirdo.
It was 3am when I started this post. I got the odd urge to create a list of Chris Pratt appreciation. My go-to crush has always been Jason Schwartzman or Lee Pace, but these days I find myself crushing on the one and only Andy Dwyer...I mean Chris Pratt.
Here are the 5 (or 6) reasons why.
1. He's a bonafide movie star. We all love him as Andy, but check out the photo above. He cleans up quite nice.
2. He's adorably close to Captain America and seems like a genuinely nice person.